A non-destructive and non-contact method that can detect, display, and record temperature and thermal patterns across the surface of an object using a thermal imager is known as Thermography. If meaningful data about an object, system, or process will be provided by knowledge of temperature and thermal profiles in any situation, infrared Thermography can be applied there.
All objects emit infrared radiation based on the temperature of the object. According to the law of black body radiation, people can see their environment, even though there is no visible illumination with the help of Thermography. When the temperature of the object increases, the amount of radiation it emits also will increase. Therefore, Thermography makes one possible to see temperature variations.
The factors that make Thermography useful to people
There are plenty of advantages to using Thermography. These benefits make this technology of Thermography helpful in many fields. Some of the main factors that make Thermography useful are the following.
- Thermography is non-contact
This is the most useful feature of Thermography. Thermography is using remote sensing and so it can keep the others out of danger. Moreover, as Thermography is non-contact, this technology does not interrupt or affect the target.
- Thermography is two dimensional
Another feature of Thermography is its two-dimensionality. With this feature, it is possible to compare the areas of the target. The image taken by Thermography helps you get an excellent overview of the target. You can visualize thermal patterns for analysis.
- Thermography is real-time
With this technology, the images of stationary targets can be scanned very fast. Thermography is not only used to take images of stationary objects.
Images of fast-moving targets can also be captured with this technique. Thermal patterns that are changing with high speed can also be captured with the help of Thermography.
The important fact regarding Thermography is that temperature is the most significant form of measurement that is used in all process control applications. The non-contact measurement of Thermography will allow customers to get better results and to gain confidence. Therefore, technology is expanding from day to day.
Advantages of Thermography
The advantages of Thermography are countless. Some of the main benefits of this system are given below.
- First of all, Thermography possesses no cabinets to open.
- It does not require any downtime to de-energize the circuit using Viewpoint technology and Spyglass for safety reasons.
- Thermography prevents permanent failures
- Thermography can locate the problem quickly without interrupting service
Using Thermography is beneficial in terms of time and expense. It helps in reducing the time and cost required and thus can make the users save in many ways.
- Thermography becomes one of the most useful technologies as it can reduce the time that is required to back up generator systems.
- With this technique, we can reduce the time that is spent on low power operations
- It helps reduce man-hours
- Thermography will allow the people to reduce the cost of operation
- With Thermography, we can reduce insurance cost
Among all the advantages of Thermography, the most significant one is that it increases the safety of users. The importance of technology is always supporting the Thermography to become more useful for society.