It goes without saying that technology has deep impact on every aspect of our lives. Technology changes the way we live, communicate, interact and talk. However, this impact is not only positive but also negative sometimes. Today, my intention is to highlight technology impact on our society, business, communication and education. I will try to provide you a clear picture of this impact that’s mean I will highlight both negative and positive aspects.
Impact of Technology on Society
- Positive: In case you want to know how technology affects our society then you just need to think of the past days when we had no modern means of transport, no computer, no food processor. A person had to spend a lot of time on traveling. Women were bound to grind spices with their hands or simply high physical activity was required in old days. Our routine life completely has dramatically changed with the advent of high tech machines, modes of communication and transport. Life becomes easier and more comfortable than before. It seems that world is at our finger tips.
- Negative: Although technology adds some comfort into our lives yet it has some adverse effect on our society as well. First of all, we find an alternative of manpower in the form of robot and machines. Children prefer to play online than to take part in physical activities. Youngsters are busy in making friends on social networks instead of giving some time to real social interaction. People are becoming less active and lazy, they find it difficult to step outside their home for getting entertainment and fun.
Impact of Technology On Business
- Positive: Technology influences our professional and commercial lives to a great extent. With the emergence of internet, a number of people start offering their products and services on the web. Now we are not limited to physical market as we have virtual market, either. There was a time when businessman had to stick with their country’s boundary but when internet turns the world a global village. You can start making money from your home; only you need to posses some skill such as writing, blogging, marketing, etc. In case you are running an international business then you often need to travel. Traveling includes cost and time but a professional can cut cost or save his time with the mean of online video conferring method. No need to take help from the letter when you can simply connect through email, a free, fast and reliable communication method.
- Negative: A person who is running a small scale business finds it hard to compete well with a large scale business online and offline. Another negative impact is that business security is vulnerable. Businessmen stores data on their personal computers and such confidential data can be stolen any time by the computer viruses.
Impact of Technology on Communication
- Positive: In past days, communication could be possible with the mean of letters and telephone but now you have latest modes of communication such as wireless network, email, instant messaging. It is quite comfy for you to remain connected with your friends and family on the go. No need to use the traditional letter method of communication when you can send instant emails to your buddies, colleagues and professionals. Now you can find and make friends on the web. Your social network can be extended within an hour on Facebook , MySpace, LinkedIn or through other social websites. You are free to find your soul-mate with a little effort as a number of online dating portals are there to offer you a helping hand.
- Negative: Although one can communicate instantly via internet yet you will always miss a warmth feeling of interaction in this mode of communication. Now people prefer to interact via interact than personally. Youngsters remain busy in creating their virtual social network and find no time when they can talk with their parents and friends.
Impact of Technology on Education
- Positive: With the emergence of technology, we get a chance to learn on the web. If you are facing with tight schedule problem then you are free to learn online. There are a number of universities that are permitting the student to take the lectures online. Online learning is quite convenient and affordable option for those who are unable to go for traditional offline education.
- Negative: Although one can learn effortlessly through internet yet this learning is not as effective as the traditional one. In an offline school, there is a close interaction between teacher and students while this thing is missing when you go for offline learning method.
You may also like:
Category: Importance of Technology